Friday, May 19, 2006

One of my poles is stuck together, again!

Out of the 4 poles that I own, two of them are stuck together and I cannot get them apart. WD40 is useless as it is too thin. I am taking my time trying to get it apart (if I can at all) this weekend otherwise I will end up flinging them out of the window.

It's not so bad when the 2 main pieces stick together as at least I can get them in the car. What I hate is when this happens. I burst out laughing during this journey at the utter ridiculousness of it. As did many people at the traffic lights. I am consoling myself in the knowledge that soon these poles will be permanently up in the studio. It's really great that they are portable, but it's not quite the portable dream that I had hoped for. They really can't take the wear of being constantly put up and taken down and neither can my nerves for that matter. I think I'll keep one aside, so that I have one pole freed up for gigs. This pole problem is almost like an unsolvable one. There is always a trade off. If I ever needed motivation to continue with the development of the studio, this is it.

While I was distracted by the 'pole sticking out of the car' situation and unloading the poles once at home, I neglected to bring inside the second pole that is stuck together. So it remained outside all night. Oops.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks for that. I will have another go at it later on today...

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home