Saturday, June 03, 2006

Still making progress on the studio

So I was feeling a little *?@#!?? earlier today as there was still so much junk in the studio. I feel like things are taking so long; but in reality progress is good. I had some help today which made things a little easier and we moved everything that wasn't too heavy.

Once the space was a bit clearer, I was able to finish some of the essential jobs, like vacuming for example. ;)

All that remains to be moved are these big runners and a cross trainer (oh, and some weights too). The runners must weigh 100kilos each!!

Yes, I know there is a big hole in the wall! That doorway will be finished very shortly. Here's a better look. These steps are one of the great vantage points of the studio suitable for filming or photography. They also lead out to a patio area which I really like when I want a breath of fresh air. One step at a time here....

So the area that the runners are going to be transported through can't be decorated yet. It is pointless at the moment as the equipment is so heavy that my work would be ruined when they are moved out. I have left the walls and floor area [see here] where I think it may get damaged.

Okay, so later I put a pole up and gave it a try (all is well). I have decided that there will be 4 poles in the studio for now...

Here's how we left the place this afternoon. Remember those first shots from weeks ago?

I am back in the studio tomorrow to work on it some more as the first taster session is next Saturday.

I finally got the stuck pole apart. After trying everything, nothing changes the laws of Physics (duh!), so now it has 2 extra holes in it.

Oh, I nearly forgot to say! I was featured on the BBC website this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home