Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Aerial, Pole and the Australians

Oh my gosh! So many pole dancers are doing aerial stuff now; it's so great! I'm so glad. One pole dancer whom I admire very much mentioned to me a while ago that she was enjoying being back in Australia as the facilities in the UK are not as good as they are over there. This is why I wanted to push for more aerial involvement. Although the pole is my primary tool, I think of all the equipment as basically having the same principles, though I still think the pole rocks the most!! Not only that, if there were to be an Olympics involving pole, the Aussies would kick our collective arses. How embarrassing if you consider that the UK is the pole dancing capital of the world! I suppose it is a matter of quality over quantity as the Aussies are being taught by a much smaller number of extremely talented pole dancers.

Below is footage from the Studio Launch in Derby on the 22nd September (despite the fact that I have been teaching in there for a couple of months now!).

My students from both Derby and Leicester came over as did Nicki, but no Susie as alas she was travelling.

Peter also came to showcase and help everyone have a play on the aerial equipment. He really added to the atmosphere that was so encouraging. Here's some footage of everyone having a play:




This is my latest performance last weekend in Sussex, which I really enjoyed! The previous performance in Wales was quite serious and balletic, so I wanted to do something this time with a totally different feel. I like to keep it simple so that everyone can relate to the performance, beside the fact that it's performed on a podium, haha!




This is my studio performance at the launch of the second studio in Derby. Trying to keep to things that everyone has learned so that it is in context:




Anyone struggling with transition into the superman? You might find this useful:



I have another lot of workshops and performance coming up. Very challenging as we all live very far apart. I need to video the routine and then post the link to them so they can learn it!

I've lots of exciting projects coming - watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home